The Office of Employee Benefits will be rolling out the Federal Reserve’s Financial Planning Education Program during 2005, with the first phase to begin this month. The program is designed to provide all System staff with the information and tools necessary to gain a basic understanding of personal financial planning, develop a personal financial plan, and learn how System and local District benefits can help you achieve your goals.
In 2005 the program will include:
- A standard financial planning “curriculum” providing general financial education and a step-by-step guide to developing a personal financial plan
- Basic and focused financial planning seminars by the Ayco Company
- Focused financial planning information on specialized topics
- A new Financial Planning Education section on the SMART BENEFiTS Web site
- New financial planning tools, including calculators, asset allocation tools, and a Thrift Plan Contribution Worksheet to help you plan effectively
Financial Planning Education Program features will be introduced throughout 2005, with the first tool, the new Thrift Contribution Worksheet, distributed soon.